Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Singtel's unfair offer "forced" upon you via SMS
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Salary.sg

Default Beware of Singtel's unfair offer "forced" upon you via SMS

I thought it's always safe to delete those <ADV> SMSes without reading them... until I received this unpleasant surprise from Singtel:
Quote:
"<Singtel ADV>U have been selected to enjoy 30 days FREE trial for Colour-Me-Tones. SingTel's 'Friends' will replace your standard connecting tone on 10 Dec. To opt out of trial, SMS 'NO' to 741490 by 09 Dec. $4.28/mth applies after the free 30days trial..."
My gosh. Since when did Singtel do such auto inclusions? They purportedly give you a free "trial", and WITHOUT your express consent, start charging you later.

I couldn't believe it's from Singtel, the largest listed company in SGX by market capitalization. But alas, it is from them. I called 1626 and confirmed it with the apologetic customer service officer.

Granted, $4.28/mth is not a big sum. But is it fair to do business this way? How many unsuspecting customers, such as this and this, have fallen into this trap?

Moreover, do you want your bosses to hear cute connecting tones when they call you?

And I shudder to think how many such "trials" I have been included in. Without me knowing.

Singtel must stop this nonsense.

http://www.salary.sg/2008/beware-of-...n-you-via-sms/

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app