Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed!
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2015, 04:25 PM

rainbowishes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
I disagree. Many comms positions do require at least 2-3 yrs of experience, in addition to having a degree. Thus it's alot more difficult to go into comms if you are just a business diploma holder. And I believe actions speak louder than words, in the sense that being competent in communications work triumphs an outgoing personality anytime.

Some people (my manager) think that just because they are outgoing and relate to people well, they can be qualified to do corp comms. Can't be further away from the truth if a corp comms manager fails to realise that he has to come up with a internal and external communications plan. Better still, the work that solely belongs to corp comms ended up being taken away from us and be given to other department because manager wants to maintain harmony
Hey thanks for the advice! Perhaps I can pursue a part time comms degree in the future to upgrade myself. Are you currently working in public sector comms? What is an average day like?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app