Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi

I want to quit the corporate world to do biz. I got $500k capital and aim to grow that to $10m in 10 years. Which biz should I go into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I used all my 100k savings and another 100 overdraft. That's why I got wiped out.

In hindsight I wouldn't recommend this strategy to anyone.

The second round of attempts I used 30k borrowed, and it turned into a million within 18 months. This was a physically demanding business. 7 day weeks. 18 hour days.

The last round, for the successful one, was 1.8m turning into about 8 within 3.5 years.

All bricks and mortar businesses, not property related.

Have omitted the failures... there were lots of them. Probably lost a couple of mill along the way. But without the losses I don't think I would have been able to act on the successful ones.

The worst part of this journey is no monthly pay cheque (even up to 12 months) and it feels very insecure at times.

It's also very lonely at times because most of my peers stayed in their corporate roles and climbed the ladder I was supposed to climb. Their lifestyle "advanced" nicer homes, nicer cars, etc. while mine regressed.

Best part is the downgraded lifestyle which allows one to achieve financial freedom far sooner.

So no 5m dollar home, sports car etc, and life is simple and manageable now.