Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - "LOWER HDB VALUATIONS OR BUILD MORE AFFORDABLE HDB HOUSING FOR SINGAPOREANS" petition
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
this is stupid... if HDB flats are not affordable then there would not be much ppl signing up to buy the new flats... & there will be very few resale transaction at or above valuation.....

people need to manage their own expectations.. if can only afford a 2 room punggol hdb, dont say look at 5 room pinnacle and say its not affordable...
Let me give you an analogy. I normally buy my chicken rice a food court near my office. A standard pack costs $3. Say,if 4 years down the road, the price of chicken rice goes up to $7.

The question is not whether a pack of $7 chicken rice is "still affordable".

Neither it is about people being picky and insisting on eating chicken rice when duck rice is still available at $4.

The question is WHY? What happened? Why did the price of chicken rice increase by 133% in just 4 years?

A pack of $7 chicken rice is still "affordable". Sure. But wouldn't you be curious to know why chickens suddenly become so valuable overnight? Is there a sudden influx of chicken lovers? Or are we not rearing/importing enough chickens?