Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:44 AM

lordlad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mr Unregistered 1's disdain of Bankers and his consequent actions are completely irrational and naive. Can't believe you think they are pragmatic.

Bankers and analysts can be experts, and good advisors but there are good and bad ones. You have to distinguish. If you watch all the wall street conspiracy movies, you and Unregistered 1 will derive pleasure in hating the evil banker, but that's hollywood. The truth is far more complex. It has to do with Government and global competition.

Not sure about your analogy. Better to think of it like management cut your IT security budget so that the company could make more money. You let go a few key staff, then a hacker wiped out your system, and the company lost money. Suddenly you are blamed for not doing your job.
Just wondering... R u an investment banker/analysis as well? I will trust your opinion a lot more if you are NOT.....because if you are, that means your opinion are definitely subjective and favour towards your own. The invasion of Iraq is based on the fallacy of WOMD which the leaders from the respective countries swear they exist...until they ceased to exist. It's complicated issue, they said..

I agree that it is not one factor that caused the financial mess and string of events were complicated but all complicated things had a simple origin. Not every banker is evil perse....but enough of them that wield enough influence caused the mess that snowballed into the mess that is now. Denying it is akin to bill Clinton proclaiming "I did not have sexual relationship with that woman." You can "try" to convince the common men but the first person you need to convince is yourself.