Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 PM

hopeful is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin View Post
hi bro, im from aviation line thinking of switching to exxonmobil as tech due to low advancement , slow increment, almost everyday spend at wDidn't ithout much family time and taking on average 2.5k-3k mthly after 8yrs in service in my current job running on 8hrs shift work plus pathetic controlled OT = unstable income or little family time. i seen n heard some news abt EM that there is 12hrs shift but im not sure which tech having the 12hrs swift to choose as there is a few eg. operation tech, analyzer tech, equipment tech, machinery tech, laboratory tech but i dun see any process tech like i seen in other oil company. so with irrelevant job experience to switch over, therefore need advice from u kind guys who r in EM already. any idea when r their recruitment closing date?
Operations tech are the ones doing the 12hour shifts. Process tech = operations tech, they are the same thing.

I went for the ExxonMobil interview and pass without any relevant experience, so I think it's more on how you present yourself to be a good fit for the job. Didn't take up the job in the end as I decided on another oil company.