Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - career as RSAF air force engineer ME4
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2013, 03:16 AM

rubberbus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm currently serving my ns in pasir ris camp, soon to be posted to SCS. I'm in the force for about 8 months already as a NSF. I wish to sign on as ME4 and apply local study award scheme. I graduated from Singapore poly with aerospace electronic and have a uni placing in ntu EEE. I'm quite sure that my diploma and degree are relevant to rsaf me4 job scope. I'm lost as I don't know how can I apply for it. My Encik told me that I have to wait til 6 months before ord to apply. Whoever knows anything about me4 application, please advice me on what can I do and which department I can approach etc... With more informations. Thank you in advance.
Also , may I know if choosing me4 path is good or bad?
My plan is to sign 5 years first to see if I'm suitable for it. If I'm not, I plan to join private aerospace sectors after 5 year bond. Will my 5 years in rsaf be counted as working experience???

I have a few frens signed on as airforce ME4. Currently we are still studying so their Univeristy fee is paid by rsaf. Plus monthly allowance of roughly 1k+ depending on yr scholarship. If u did well, can go for oversea exchange, rsaf will cover the air tix and living expenses. Dont cover yr travelling expenses. After h complete ur studies, only need to serve 4bonds if i nv rmb wrongly. So far so good right?

But from what I know their vocation is aircraft engineer but they only do paper work, nth hands on. If that's what u want then go ahead and sign. The rice bowl is good but can't be rich. Unless u 1st honor, u will get close to 5k. Call the hotline and ask for more info. Maybe u can sign on earlier, don waste ur time serving ns and sign on later.

Ps I use Hp and type. May have some mistakes