Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - CPIB IO and Technical Sales Machinery...help me
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 12:12 PM

haiz1234 is on a distinguished road
Default CPIB IO and Technical Sales Machinery...help me

Hi guys,

I am currently working in an MNC dealing with machinery position title: Technical sales Engineer, it is only few months into the job..
what i am handling are quotations, contracts, technical drawings, commercial offers
It is a well known MNC (unable to provide industry, afraid colleagues find out)
Technical Sales Engineer-
Job scope:
-Preparation of technical and commercial offers on the basis of project specifications and/or customer specifications.
-Participating in technical and commercial negotiations.
-Determining technical design of machines and liaising with headquarters in oversea
-Providing technical sales support for Asia.

However, I am somehow not very interested,well i know the experience is good as I can learn and expose to commercial terms, deal with external and internal customers..marketable and transferrable exp.but somehow i feel abit sian duno how to explain, just dont feel right...but boss is very patient with me too.... I was from public sector dealing with proj mgt but was disillusioned that public is good...but wrong (too boring) so i stepped out..

2nd..
I always wanted to join SPF or uniformed grp...and not long ago I rejected CPIB IO position in which I afraid of their work scope and experience not value added. I felt their job is challenging and interesting..but yet i joined technical sales which offered a lower pay than CPIB...its totally 2 diff scope

one is sales about 3.5k basic(without commission) but with bonus and the other is (investigation) about 4k start

Should I work for few more months first?because CPIB is still holding on to my application and still a chance to enter...

I heard of many companies value investigation jobs like fraud,corruption,audit,investigation...which draw high pay in future...ultimately just afraid join CPIB means end of other path.. at least they are not uniform and have to vie against scholars... CPIB no scholarship given too...