Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Editorial position
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
Hmm...
Is Dr Cai's book selling well? I could consider it.

Anyway what actually happened is something went wrong along the way. I told my miniboss my expertise was in content development and editorial work and I could do more of that for the organization. I think that is something many organizations can benefit from.

Unfortunately, being the rather inept person he is, I think something was lost in translation going through him. I don't know what he told the biggerbosses, but the biggerbosses seem to think I want to be a journalist. There's a world of difference between editorial and journalism work. They think I'm a dreamer. That I want to do 'playing around' work. Someone with no writing qualifications thinking of becoming a writer.

My track record is in editorial work. Unfortunately during my 6 years in my current workplace ( I still haven't found a way out) I did nothing of that sort, and interviewers are saying that I have been more and more out of touch with it.

I'm an editor, not a writer!

Unfortunately for many science positions they only want phd holders and above to be editors.
what's the difference between an editor and a writer?