Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - University college Dublin(Kaplan)
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omg View Post
I'm thinking of taking up a a degree in management at Kaplan under this uni.
Can anyone advice me if it's recognize in stat board like CPF, WDA etc I hope to obtain a degree ASAP. Like 18mth n recognize By WDA
Very few stat boards accept foreign and corresponding degrees like those from Kaplan.

Though few, there are still some considerations:

a) People's Association: they accept foreign degree taking from corresponding places such as MDIS, SIM, Kaplan, MDS, etc etc etc. However, depending on your grades, you may be offered a pay quite low. Most importantly, you need to work from the ground (with GRLs)

b) Hospitals: Tan Tock Seng, SGH, in executive posts that supports the auxiliary and main medical team. They don't pay too shabbily.

c) WDA: I have some friends who have corresponding degrees from Kaplan, but I think they got in under very special circumstances because of their experiences and useful contacts that are needed at work. But that's my guess.

d) LTA: I also have friends who are being referred inside, who have foreign degrees. But they are very few of them.

e) SMRT: this may not be a stat board, but govt-linked company nonetheless. You can have a foreign degree there.