Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Verified Member

xtrasaver is on a distinguished road

I understand what it means to participate in grassroots meetings, RC, CC, sub committees, celebrations, dinners, etc... I had been a volunteer before and have also seen my fair share of working with difficult grassroot leaders and residents.

Well, it's the right thing to say that the skill sets are not transferrable to other industries and it's only relevant locally.

But understanding the path and looking at my current stance, I would not be embarking on yet another business adventure nor corporate ladder-climbing. After all, I'm in my mid-thirties and soon, I'll be in my prime of 40s. Realistically, I don't think I'm going to start afresh in financial industries like banking, sales, etc..

There are many PA managers who resigned and thought they had wanted to 'serve the community with passion', 'help the needy', etc. Some time later, they learnt the hard truth that there's always the ugly side of the society where the people they help may actually turn out to be the ones who are thankless and difficult. Disappointed with the outflow of events, they left PA and sought better ventures, despite having higher moral grounds at the onset.

Well, I wouldn't say I am heading towards a path of destruction, but having said that and calculating the hurts that may come, my age, the best possibility of me achieving huge monetary success, helping the deserving (and the ugly) and sleepless nights - I guess there's always room to do more things in the community via this channel.

I'll consider it this way: i'm volunteering and getting paid at the same time...