Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
Most likely the poster did the following :

flip property

or

trade shares

Or

(most likely case) - BLUFF lah...
No reason for bluff. As previous poster has mentioned, based on the CPF contribution limit, it is possible to achieve this amount.

Just consistent and diligent CPF contributions and top ups. I also do transfer from OA to SA so that helps in compounding at higher interest rate. Below is my CPF balance as of today. I have maxed out MA and almost hit FRS in SA. The reason that I have some amount in OA is to act as a buffer for my upcoming property purchase and I intend to transfer the OA funds to SA if I do not need it for my property (highly likely).

As an additional fun fact, I have attached my first CPF contribution in Jun 2008 prior contribution was from my part time job in JC. Lol. Based on my projection, I should be able to reach 1mil CPF by 50 (albeit a conservative estimate). Being able to reach such an amount like the previous poster is one of my retirement goals.

PS: I am a strong advocate of using CPF for retirement planning. That being said, I think I have got some room to brush in terms of my portfolio as I am holding on to too much safe assets which may impede my portfolio growth.