Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Compulsory MOE HQ Posting

Good day people. I知 posting here to hopefully seek some clarity on my situation.

First, would like to provide some context. I知 currently a GEO4 holding SH position. I joined in June 2014 and just completed my 4 year bond. I was appointed SH back in Jan 2017. I was promoted to GEO4 just this year in April. I was from the NTU-NIE program and graduated with second upper class. I am not a scholar.

So my P just informed me that HQ informed him that I will be notified of a compulsory posting to HQ this November which will actualize in January 2020. The only other detail that he received is that my posting is a 5-year stint (he mentioned that he has never seen a stint that long, usually it痴 for 2-3 years). There is no mention of which division I will be posted to.

Would like to find out a few things from the more experienced people here:

1. Have you come across a situation like this? If so, under what circumstances?
2. Can I technically reject the posting since I知 not a scholar?
3. Any idea why the stint is for 5 years? Any correlation to the possible division I値l be posted to?
4. Is this because of CEP? (Previous grades were C+, B, B)

Thanks in advance. Always thought this kind of arrangement is only for the scholars so I am currently quite stumped as I did not see this coming at all. Still not too sure if this is a good thing as I知 very happy at my school and I enjoy working with my kids.