Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Scholars like you damn chee bye. If you have cash lying around to break bond then obviously you don't need a scholarship. Deprive people of chance then now break bond. If not clear what you want then take up scholarship for what?

People like you will go far because you are chee bye enough. But at the end of the day you will just be a rich chee bye. Got money so what, chee bye is still chee bye.

I'm not some envious person who can't get scholarship. I'm a bond-free scholarship recipient. And unlike you, I'm not a chee bye.
I think you misunderstand.

When I took up the scholarship, my family was having financial difficulties and I didn't really have any other means of ensuring I could go to university. At that point in time, the rational thing for me to do (without putting a burden on my family) was to ensure that I could go to university by taking up the scholarship. However, after NS and a few years in University, things have started looking up and I have also saved enough of my own money (through tutoring, working, around 20-25 hours a week on top of school etc.) to be able to break the bond on my own with a small loan if need be. Right now I am merely contemplating the opportunity cost of staying in SIA, where my earning potential may be limited my false ceilings etc. and came to the forum to get an idea of what I can expect. I am in no hurry or rush to break the bond, but rather am just asking to explore and find out more about potential paths I may take. Sorry if that may have seemed offensive or as though I am depriving someone else of an opportunity.

Also I'd just like to say that at the point in time when I applied for the scholarship, I was very taken by the prospect of working in SIA and being at the forefront of one of the premier airlines in the world, but after having gone in and seen the operations in SIA, the lack of challenging work, hearing about slow progression and the very political office place, I am not too sure if this is the right fit for me anymore.

Ultimately you're still entitled to your own opinion of me, but I just wanted to clarify that sometimes being able to get a scholarship and wanting to break your bond doesn't necessarily mean that I have a choice and planned for this to happen.

That being said, hope someone can shed some light for me about all of this because I really am quite lost as to how to move forward from here. Any thoughts about the progression, potential avenues to leave out of etc. would be of great help!

Thanks guys