Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not the guy who posted about making his fortune and retired at 49. But I would like to say that many people are still striking their pot of gold through property - just have to look at the pace of enblocs going around you. After this round of enblocs, the next cycle could be a good 15 to 20 yrs later.

You also hit the nail right on the head about the poster being a nut case and praising his own posting. There is indeed an unmistakable pattern to it.

I am the guy (old man) who advocates working through your 50s and not to retire before that. This is because the period from 55 to 62 is the golden period for accumulating your nest egg. This is the period where your financial obligations taper off, your salary peaks and if you are invested - your passive income should be firing at full cylinders.

I am sharing from personal experience. Before 50, we were saving below $200k pa. After 50, our savings rate grew at a faster clip. Last year we were able to save $400k!

If we factor in our properties value appreciation because of the enbloc craze, our networth grew by more than $1m in just 2 years.
You are the nut case. Repeated your story so many times.
Don't be envious of others.