Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Big 4?
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

iwanthp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Be realistic about where you stand. A diploma with little exp in a local SME I'm not even sure if Big4 will entertain you for their support department at officer level. Stop dreaming as if you are going to be in the same league as a typical audit associate in terms of pay and increment.

Big4 maybe can offer a bit higher e.g. 2k monthly salary because they have no aws and the variable bonus is horrible. No matter what all-in it's gonna be 25k+ annual. As for getting 1k increment a year, if you believe something that dumb then you are going to be in serious trouble no matter where you work.
Quote:
Use ur common sense plz. Diploma join Big4 support can get 700-1000 pa. increase means after 4 years already up to 6k salary.

Like that who the fark will spend 4 more years to study in local u or even ivy league when diploma doing backoffice also end up similar to investment banking starting pay at the same age.
ah i see alright guys thanks for the input just wasnt sure so thought id just ask ill take your words into consideration!

Quote:
Chill everyone, TS asked nicely, there's no need to air your grievances here.

Generally with a diploma, you have greater chance of getting into audit or support functions (HR, admin etc) than tax/advisory. However without further studies, your (pay) progression will be around half the speed of those with degree (e.g. if they take 4-5 years to hit 5k, you would probably take 8-10 years) within the Big 4.

If you were to join audit, you will start as an audit assistant. The pay should be similar across all functions (~2k like the others mentioned).

Be expected to go through the slough of long hours during the peak season. It is very common to have peers studying ACCA like yourself. Once completed you'd be adjusted to pay similar to those with degrees.
I see i see! Yea i'm a little tired of audit that's why when i saw that they also offered bookkeeping and accounting etc i was more interest in that hahah! and i know that Big 4 audit during peak is like can go home past midnight almost everyday (from what i heard from my friends etc) so was just wondering if the support departments will be this busy too or like they have a more relaxed schedule. Thank you for your input really appreciate it