Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Big 4?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanthp View Post
Hi there! I was looking through the websites of the Big 4s (PWC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG) and i saw that other than the usual audit, tax department, they also have like admin, HR, accounting departments etc. I only have a diploma in accountancy so i cant get in audit and tax for now and i saw that the other departments some actually only require a diploma! So i was just wondering if anyone has any experience or know about these other departments?

Was looking at either the accounting department or HR department as currently im in a small audit firm and i dont think i can last in this department. Would like to know these things if anyone has knowledge about it:

1. if the pay would be the same as audit, tax, etc. I know the pay would be lower since im only a diploma holder

2. Would the workload be the same as audit, tax in the Big 4 or will it be much more relaxing in a way that not much OTs and stuff? Coz im taking ACCA part time and would like to know if therell be like a peak period or something

Would appreciate any inputs on this thanks in advance!
If you intend to do general admin or hr, just broaden the job search to all the industries. It makes no sense to restrict yourself to big4 simply because you happen to work in a small audit firm currently.

Besides the big4 reputation outside audit is mediocre anyway, theres no added value at all in doing admin in a big4 compared to any other company.