Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Big 4?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanthp View Post
Hi there! I was looking through the websites of the Big 4s (PWC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG) and i saw that other than the usual audit, tax department, they also have like admin, HR, accounting departments etc. I only have a diploma in accountancy so i cant get in audit and tax for now and i saw that the other departments some actually only require a diploma! So i was just wondering if anyone has any experience or know about these other departments?

Was looking at either the accounting department or HR department as currently im in a small audit firm and i dont think i can last in this department. Would like to know these things if anyone has knowledge about it:

1. if the pay would be the same as audit, tax, etc. I know the pay would be lower since im only a diploma holder

2. Would the workload be the same as audit, tax in the Big 4 or will it be much more relaxing in a way that not much OTs and stuff? Coz im taking ACCA part time and would like to know if therell be like a peak period or something

Would appreciate any inputs on this thanks in advance!
I think diploma HR officers are mostly paid around 1.8-2.2k depending on experience. I doubt it's any different in Big4 compared to any other company out there. Such support roles are mainly administrative in nature, so very flexible to move from 1 industry to another.

OT has more to do with the actual situation and boss, so cannot generalize "Big 4".