Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Deputy manager is a more senior designation. To be honest, I don't think that $7.3k is within the salary band for AM, granted that is more equivalent to a senior associate and starts out at about $4-5k+. Might be an error in the offer letter I would suspect..
Thanks for the explanation. I called up the recruiter yesterday and she told me that by right they were looking for a DM, but the hiring manager felt my experience compare to internal equity only qualify for AM, so they gave me a salary which is higher end of AM but if I can proof good performance can be promoted to DM after a while.

When I ask her if my salary is high end of AM does this mean I will get no or very little increase if I don't promote, she was very evasive and just keep saying as long as you perform well the company will recognize that.

Now I am a bit hesitant because the offer is only ~15% higher than current and if no increase and promotion in next 2 years like back to square one... Anyone got advice whether I should accept?