Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need some advice here
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 10:32 AM

jurongeastboy is on a distinguished road
Default Need some advice here

Dear fellow Singaporean, I am 26 this year and have just graduated not long ago and is currently holding a full time position having a gross salary about 3k per month and taking home about only 2.4k
Due to my current family situation, I have to fork out 1.5k per month for my family bills, education loan repayment and etc and is left with only about 900 per month for my own usage. Recently I was studying on what I can do on investing because I wanted to start investing early but I just could not fork out a lump sum of money at the moment to do so. One method I researched on is to dollar cost averaging(DCA) into SPDR STI ETF using DBS upfront cash account every month consistently which will cost me about $350/month given the current pricing of the etf. My concern is whether is it viable to do this for a few years eg.5-10years or maybe there is better advice or alternatives that I might not heard of yet? Times are tough for me and my family these few years and I am currently working off to mainly clear all debts asap.