Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Verified Member

KPO is on a distinguished road

Need all your advice please…

I have 18 years of working experience of which ten years was in the government sector. Decided to come back and make Civil Service my last stop. Hence I chose MOE and applied for Admin Mgr position through Careers@GOV. The closing date for application was 26 November 2017.

14 October - I applied through Careers@GOV website.

17 November - Status in Careers@GOV reflected as SHORTLISTED. I received a call from HR for first interview. Took the opportunity to enquire on the recruitment and interview process. HR advised that depending on the composition of the interview panel, a second interview maybe necessary.

22 November - Attended 1st Interview. Interview went well and was informed that the position would commence either January or February 2018. I presumed there were 2 positions available. Interview panel consisted of

- a Principal (xxx Primary School)
- a Vice Principal (xxx Secondary School)
- a different HR staff

23 November - The following day, HR asked for more information on past employment and I was advised to wait a further two to three weeks.

Two weeks of no news.

14 December - HR called to enquire on last salary drawn, AWS, PB details from my last employment.

Based on the above, please share your thoughts...

- Was an interim decision made (to-hire-who-for-which-school) right after the first interview? There were 3 other candidates before me during the first interview.
- During the two weeks of no news, HR was conducting the various checks?
- Will HR advise if I am unsuccessful?
- What are my chances of securing the job?

I have to say, the HR staff from MOE has been most courteous, patient and professional throughout our correspondence.

Thank you for reading.