Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am fortunate to have been offered to do a law degree at either SMU or NUS. However, looking at the recent news about the pay cuts for Lawyers due to the weak economy, as well as the oversupply of Lawyers in the job market, I am wondering if it is still a good choice to pursue law. Personally, while I do have interest in the law, I feel that practical concerns are equally important and would like to know if this path still has a good future.

Besides that, I have a few questions: 1) SMU or NUS LAW? My impression is that One of them has a stronger focus on corporate law. Do employers prefer nus over SMU graduates because of brand recognition?

2) What about Yale NUS? Arguably I have a stronger interest and would have more fun pursuing liberal arts. But the fear of a worthless degree (in the employers eyes) is strong.

If you are concerned about your employability after graduation, presently the most marketable degrees outside medicine and dentistry are those from computing faculty. On brand recognition, no such issue locally.

On the second point it's self-explanatory and you are intelligent enough to figure out yourself. In deciding which courses to undertake, interest and ability to excel are the most important parameters, however, one must also consider other practical aspects and be prepared to consider other suitable courses which offer good prospect and if you also don't mind undertaking.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app